About Teacher's Friend - Vietnam
I’ve now been an ESL teacher for five years… two of which have been spent on holiday/ travelling… how much holiday do you get per year?
I offer fully inclusive packages to help adventure seeking travellers (or travellers to be!) relocate to the incredible country of Vietnam and change their lives (and the lives of others) by teaching English.
Teacher’s Friend Vietnam (TFV) is a brand new idea developed by a teacher (me!) for teachers (you)! After moving to Vietnam nearly five years ago I fell in love with the country and it’s people and want as many people as possible to share the wonderful experience of living and working here. Whether you’re new to teaching or a seasoned expert I’m sure that I can help you. I’ve made the mistakes so that you don’t have to! I offer paid packages to help you find your perfect job and much, much more.
What can I offer you?
- Find the joy in teaching:the games, the tears, the laughs, the private jokes, the pay packet!
- Get out of the office: Stand up, be energetic, engage with people, learn from others and never go back to your mind-numbing 9-5!
- Don’t mess it up:With me you won’t end up with a broken bike, living in a dodgy backstreet alleyway, with a school who doesn’t respect you, going on over priced tours, never learning a word of the local language and having no local friends. (Trust me, I did it, it sucked. I won’t let this happen to you!)
- Get treated right:Get paid what you deserve, on time, and with the correct work permit.
- Be your friend.You can contact my local team or myself at any time either in person, by phone, email or Skype for the duration of your time in Vietnam. That’s not just until you have given me your money, or until you land in the country, or until you have the job. It means for the whole time you are in Vietnam you will have my unlimited support. I’ve got your back!
- Fast response times:Don’t sit worrying about something for a week while waiting for a reply, I aim to respond to all enquiries within 24 hours.
- I’ll allow you to make your own choices: I won’t take away your freedom to choose where you work, who you live with, your accommodation, your start date or anything else. This is your trip, I’m just a helping hand!
Why choose me as your friend?
Here are a few great reasons why you should relocate to Vietnam with Teacher’s Friend!
I was in your shoes!
Teacher’s Friend Vietnam was created by a teacher and adventure seeker for a teacher and adventure seeker. I have lived and worked in Vietnam extensively and I operate a small, friendly start up business which has the time to put you first. I am not a faceless company, I am a person you can trust. You can make secure online payments, read my testimonials and check out my reviews!
I offer excellent value for money combined with outstanding customer service and I will always go above and beyond teachers’ expectations. I offer on-going support for the entire time you are in Vietnam- from before you leave your home country until your adventure comes to an end…You are never alone.
I am a wealth of excellent resources
All my partner schools provide work permits, teacher benefits, teaching materials, great facilities and well-deserved salaries. I offer free access to lesson plans and teaching support which collates my five years of teaching experience. You will also receive loads of really cool info on life in Vietnam. I have an alumni of previous teachers happy to share their experience and meet with you when you arrive!
Make a difference!
Many of my partners are local Vietnamese people making an honest living who I met during my time in Vietnam. These people helped me so much and I know I can trust them. I am also working closely with all of my partner schools to try and prevent racial discrimination within the ESL teaching industry, which has been a big problem previously and highly unfair. I really want to give back to a country that has given me so much.
Explore new things!
You can choose from a variety of cities all over Vietnam and teaching will provide excellent travel opportunities to many, many exciting destinations. There is also plenty of opportunity to immerse yourself in the culture because my packages provide bike lessons, Vietnamese language lessons, a city tour, local contacts, language exchanges and much more!
Work with the best of the best
I will get you interviews in the best, highest quality schools and language centres in Vietnam. These centres all provide excellent facilities and fantastic resources, on-going training and assessment, constant commitment to professional development and a progressive attitude. All of our schools have the best interests of the students at heart and are all extremely professional. Some have links to professional bodies such as International House, the British Council and leading universities from all over the world. Our partners are constantly looking for ways to improve learning and develop student education across Vietnam in order to give local people access to the best opportunities.
See for yourself
A promotional video from one of our Partner Schools can be seen by clicking HERE:
For a more local, authentic feel, check out a video given to me as a leaving gift from my Kindergarten students, right HERE.
To see what it’s like teaching English in Vietnam, click here!
Georgie graduated with a degree in Community Drama (she’s never been one for the 9-5 office job) and soon after passed the CELTA course with a Pass A. Here’s some stats for you. For every ten people who take the CELTA, it’s likely that eight will get a Pass C, two will get a Pass B and none will get a Pass A. You have to be a damn good teacher.
Georgie has been travelling the world and teaching English since 2013 and has lived and taught in the UK, Vietnam, Thailand, Malaysia and Australia with over six years of experience. The majority of her teaching time was spent in Hanoi, Vietnam where she taught English for over two years in language centres, private and public schools, private classes and online. She taught all ages from 3-17 years and adults. She worked for one of the biggest and most recognised language centres in Vietnam, and they are now one of Teacher’s Friend Vietnam’s partner schools. Teacher’s Friend is also partnered with other major language centres across Vietnam, who also have links to the public schools, the British Council and well-recognised universities.
The reviews and testimonials for Georgie for the service, dedication and commitment she gives to all her teachers is unmatched and she is often approached by partners and businesses who wish to work with her, in this rapidly expanding company.