Teacher’s Friend Vietnam offers you a SUPER service (Specific, Unique, Personalised, Empathetic, Reliable) and this means that I want you to have the right qualifications from the best TEFL provider. This means you need an internationally recognised TEFL /TESOL qualification.
It is a legal requirement to have a work permit to work in Vietnam. The easiest way to do this is to have both a BA degree and a TEFL qualification. While the law does not state which TEFL you must have, the reputable language centres which provide you with a work permit do.
An acceptable TEFL qualification for almost all reputable language centres must be a 120 hour course (minimum) and have at least 6 teaching hours which are observed by a trained ESL professional. Ideally, these teaching hours will be with real ESL students who speak English as a second language. The course must also be accredited by an authoritative body such as a leading university or government. Example courses which are internationally recognised are the following:
150 hour Australian Cert IV in TESOL- Accredited in Australia by a registered training organisation (RTO) through the Australian Qualifications Framework (AQF).
120 hour CELTA- accredited in the UK by the Office of Qualifications and Examinations Regulation (Ofqual) at Level 5 on the Regulated Qualifications Framework (RQF).
Trinity CertTESOL course- accredited by the UK, by the Qualifications and Curriculum Authority at Level 5 on the UK National Qualifications Framework.
(You can get a work permit by yourself without assistance from your language centre but it is costly, timely and extremely difficult. (Also, you need to question the quality of such language centres if they are not prepared to offer you a work permit and/or don’t care if you have one of not).
Yes there are jobs available in Vietnam without a 120/150 hour course and without a recognised qualification and even without a TEFL all together. However – Will you be working legally? Will you be prepared to walk into the classroom and teach? Almost definitely not!
Without ‘Teachers Friend’ and Georgie, the company director, this experience would have been so much more challenging and time consuming to organise.
Georgie is extremely well versed in all things Vietnamese! She is an excellent communicator and has dealt with my endless questions swiftly and effectively; she is also very empathetic, encouraging and a great listener. There has been many a time when I have just wanted to hug her! I am so very thankful for the expert guidance and ongoing support.
The next step:
Teacher’s Friend can offer you the following study options:
FACE TO FACE:
A world class Cert IV TESOL qualification from my leading partner training centre. It comes with an in-class, 150 hour, internationally recognised certificate that comes with a friendly welcome dinner, city tour and basic, comfortable housing for the duration of your course included in the price.
The great thing about this course is that it will allow you to practise teaching a variety of age groups and levels, in particular kids, with a specific focus on classroom management. This is especially good for teaching in Vietnam where 90% of the jobs are for teaching 3-10 year olds in larger class sizes.
The cost of this TEFL course is $1798 US and this comes with the following:
– 4 weeks TEFL training all in-class
– small class sizes- 17 max
– 8 hours of teaching practice with real ESL student
-6 hours observing an experienced ESL teacher
– Written assignments
– Excellent facilities and resources
– Trainer with minimum 5 years of teaching experience
– Welcome meal
– City tour
– Free accommodation for the duration of the course
– Basic job assistance
The benefits of this course are that:
– It will provide dedicated job assistance in Vietnam with a work permit and all of the required visas (if you are also a native English speaker with a degree)
– It will offer dedicated djob assistance all over the world because it is an internationally recognised qualification (if you are also a native English speaker with a degree)
– It focuses on teaching all ages, but in particular kids, which is perfect for Vietnam because it is the main age group
– The course leaders receive exceptional, second to none feedback and are really awesome!
– You will earn the money back for the cost of the course in just a few months of teaching in Vietnam because the wages are good and the cost of living is low