Teacher’s Friend Vietnam offers you a SUPER service and this means that I want you to have the right qualifications from the best company. This means you need an internationally recognised TEFL qualification.
It is now a legal requirement to have both a three year degree and a TEFL qualification to work in Vietnam and obtain a work permit. While the law does not state which TEFL you must have, the reputable language centres which provide you with a work permit do.
An acceptable TEFL qualification for almost all reputable language centres must be a 120 hour course (minimum) and have at least 6 observed lessons from a trained ESL professional. Example courses which are internationally recognised are the 120/ 150 hour CELTA and TESOL course.
(You can get a work permit by yourself without assistance from your language centre but it is costly, timely and extremely difficult. Also, you need to question the quality of such language centres if they are not prepared to offer you a work permit and/or don’t care if you have one of not).
Yes there are jobs available in Vietnam without a face to face 120 hour course and without CELTA/ TESOL and even without a TEFL all together. However – Will you be working legally? Almost definitely not!
Without ‘Teachers Friend’ and Georgie, the company director, this experience would have been so much more challenging and time consuming to organise.
Georgie is extremely well versed in all things Vietnamese! She is an excellent communicator and has dealt with my endless questions swiftly and effectively; she is also very empathetic, encouraging and a great listener. There has been many a time when I have just wanted to hug her! I am so very thankful for the expert guidance and ongoing support.Crystal, UK
The next step:
I can offer you a world class CertIV TESOL qualification from my leading partner training centre in Vietnam. They can offer you an in-class, 120 hour, internationally recognised certificate that comes with a friendly welcome dinner and modern, comfortable housing for the duration of your course included in the price.
The great thing about this course is that it will allow you to practise teaching a variety of age groups and levels, in particular kids, with a specific focus on classroom management. This is especially good for teaching in Vietnam where 90% of the jobs are for teaching 3-10 year olds in larger class sizes.
The average costs for this kind of TEFL is $1700-1800 US. A cheap online course will not be sufficient, not matter what you read online.
The cost of my partner TEFL centre is $1749 US and this comes with the following:
– 4 weeks TEFL training all in-class
– small class sizes- 17 max
– Minimum 7 hours of teaching practice and observation
– Written assignments
– Excellent facilities and resources
– Trainer with minimum 5 years of teaching experience
– Welcome meal
– City tour
– Free accommodation for the duration of the course
– Basic job assistance
– It will guarantee you a job in Vietnam with a work permit and all of the required visas (if you are also a native English speaker with a degree)
– It will guarantee you a job all over the world because it is an internationally recognised qualification (if you are also a native English speaker with a degree)
– It focuses on teaching all ages, but in particular kids, which is perfect for Vietnam because it is the main age group
– The course leaders receive exceptional, second to none feedback and are really awesome!
– You will earn the money back for the cost of the course in just a few months of teaching in Vietnam because the wages are good and the cost of living is low